Step One: Site Consultation
- Simply send me an email: email@example.com to schedule a site consultation.
- The site consultation takes about an hour and we will discuss your gardening goals. At that time, I will give you a quote for your project. Most of my designs range between $250-$700 depending on the size and scope of the project.
Step Two: Contract and Measurements of the Site
- If you decide to move forward with the design…
- We will decide on a finish date for the final walk through of your Master Planting Plan.
- Sign a contract for both of us to keep on file.
- I ask for a $100 downpayment.
- I will then need to take site measurements to draft the design.
Step Three: Final Walk Through and Master Plan
- The planting plan will be printed on 11″ x 17″ (larger prints are quite a bit more costly, but it is not a problem to resize)
- Included with the design plan is a plant list, quantity of each plant in the design, and photos.
- We will also go through how to read the design.
- At the time of the Final Walk Through, if you want to make any changes, I will note this and send you a copy of your design via email (PDF) – no extra charge. If no changes are made, you will still receive your design via email to send to landscape contractors to get bids or to make copies.
- We will also go through the phasing of how to get your project started, and I will give you the following recommendations for your service area (if needed):
- Landscape contractors
- Tree services
- Sourcing plants, soils, mulches
- I ask for the final payment of your design after the final walk through.
That’s all there is to the design process. I think it’s a lot of fun and you’ll learn a lot!